The unspoilt Val Casies and Kronplatz
Val Casies has made room between the foothills of the Rieserferner group and the Defregger Alps. As far as St. Magdalena, the valley runs nice and flat, wide and sunny. The slopes on both sides of the valley floor are covered with dense fir and spruce forests. Stately courtyards with balconies blackened by the sun seem to be randomly scattered over the flower and herb meadows. Once a year the otherwise so quiet winter is broken by a colourful event: the Gsieser Tal Lauf attracts hundreds, thousands of participants and spectators on and to the cross-country ski run. In summer it is the Gsieser Almhüttenfest, which provides a lot of movement.
The famous mountain in the Val Pusteria – Pustertal Valley is considered the number one ski mountain in South Tyrol in winter and a popular destination for families, hikers, bikers, bon vivants and culture enthusiasts in summer.
A day of skiing on Kronplatz in the Dolomites really does bring with it everything that makes a perfect day on the slopes. The gently sloping mountain between Brunico, San Vigilio and Valdaora, with its wide, almost treeless slopes, 119 km of pistes and 32 state-of-the-art lifts, is considered one of the top winter sports destinations in the Dolomites. Whether for beginners, occasional skiers or experienced skiers, here you will find the type of slope that suits your needs. Long downhill trails for long, leisurely curves as well as the 'Black Five', the five black pistes at Kronplatz, which demand every skill even from experts. An army of employees ensures smooth operations and untroubled winter fun on and off the slopes.
With the Val Casies HOLIDAYPASS our guests can expect many advantages
Just sit back and enjoy. This is the motto when it comes to moving from A to B in an uncomplicated way in the holiday area Val Casies – Monguelfo - Tesidio .
Thanks to the central location we are "right in the middle of the skiing, cross-country skiing and hiking pleasure".
Leave your car and travel comfortably, conveniently and free of charge to the most beautiful destinations in summer and winter.
The 'Ski Pustertal Express', which can be used free of charge with the Holiday Pass, connects the ski areas of Kronplatz and the Sesto Dolomites every half hour. The cross-country skiing centres in the Antholz Valley and in Dobbiaco are only a stone's throw away from us. Best train and bus connections on site.
Free advantage card for our holiday guests
- Free, year-round use of all public transport including the regional train throughout South Tyrol
- Free or reduced guided excursions: winter walks, snowshoe hikes, pleasure, tobogganing, cross-country skiing, skiing and cultural days
- Active winter hiking tips with 30 hiking suggestions, available at your accommodation
- Children up to 13.9 years participate free of charge in the holiday active programme
- Free use of the skating rinks Val Casies and Tesidio. Artificial ice rink Prenninger Park in Monguelfo: free skating on MONDAY
- Free use of the floodlit cross-country ski trail (circuit) in St. Magdalena/Val Casies. Daily from 17.00 to 22.00 hrs
- Reduction at the ski and cross-country skiing school Val Casies
- Free ski shuttle service from Val Casies
- Free or reduced guided excursions: family hikes, mountain tours, pleasure, climbing, family, hiking and cultural days!
- Hiking map with hiking tips, available at your accommodation
- Children up to 13.9 years of age participate free of charge in the holiday active programme
- Golf Welsberg on Monday reduced price
- Museum Mansio Sebatum in St. Lorenzen (Brunico): 20% discount on the entrance fee
- LUMEN Museum of Mountain Photography on Kronplatz: 10% discount on the entrance fee
- Adventure park in Dobbiaco: 10% discount on the entrance fee
- Creative rafting in the Tauferer Ahrntal: 10% discount on all activities